Monday 16 August 2010

Enough about you, let's talk about me...

Well it's my bit of the internet, so I can!  This is really a quick catch-up for people I know and, rather than send out several emails to my various groups, I am going to post most of my thoughts here.

A quick bit of history, earlier this year I was diagnosed with a pure teratoma and was appropriately operated.  As is common in Europe the normal form of follow-up treatment is one of several surveillance protocols (methods), and so I've been monitored.  Unfortunately (or not as the case may be) my last surveillance visit highlighted a lump on one of my abdominal lympth nodes (periaotic) and hence the next phase of my treatment/life starts - the need for some chemotherapy.

Interestingly coinciding with the growth of this lump I also started/had an attack of some urinary infection.  Now I don't know (am seeing a urologist soon) but I strongly suspect that that infection is a symptom of this lump.  I don't know for definite, but as I don't get urine infections and it is in exactly the "same" place as my lump, my adding up of 2 + 2 comes to 4.

Today I had my pre-chemo kidney blood test(s) and am awaiting Mr Chemotherapy consultant to write to me in the next couple of days, something in the post to look forward to...

No comments:

Post a Comment