Tuesday 24 August 2010

A Hidden Perk

Admittedly I'd rather not be in the position of being able to accept this perk.  That said it would have been nice for someone to tell me about it 18 months ago.

And the perk is...?

Well apparently if you are a cancer patient then according to some literature I was given (about my impending chemotherapy) there was a line that said cancer patients could receive free prescriptions.  Now today I was on the telephone to my local surgery and I queried this, to which the reply was "Yes, you do I'll find a form for you...".  Well I've been diagnosed for a year and a half and no one (not GPs, oncologists, health insurance, urologists, endocrinologists, the list goes on...) thought to mention it.

So for any readers in the UK, have a look at http://www.macmillan.org.uk/GetInvolved/Campaigns/PrescriptionCharges/Prescription_charges_campaign%20.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment